I can't believe...
The girls had got a hold of our new phone. (We now have two handsets and one is an easy to reach location). Our neighbor called to see if everything is OK since we had called her at 8:30. I told her the girls had the phone and must have called her number. Then Rose tells me she was trying to call 911, but that she got the 9 and the 6 mixed up. I was glad that she had got the numbers mixed up. I told her how we don't call 911 unless it is an emergency and that if you call them when nothing is wrong and they send the police and ambulance out to your house when they could be helping someone who is really hurt. About two minutes later I hear a knock on the door. Again it is 8:30 I am in still in my mismatched jammies, with one sock on and the other in my hand. (Mike has already left for work). I answer the door and it is a police officer. (I guess she does know a #6 from a #9 after all. The one time I wished she did not know her numbers!) I told him I was sorry that my four year old had gotten a hold of the phone. I called Rose down and made her tell the officer she was sorry. After they left my other neighbors called to see if we were alright since they saw the police car at our house. Once again I am humbled and as I am reminded of how terrible I thought other mother's were when their kids would call 911! Now I am one of those mothers...
At least if we ever have a real emergency I know Rose can dial 911 for me.


2 comments:
LOL! its bound to happen to all of us. I am waiting for my turn!
Oh my, those girls of ours are so funny. I love the pose in the pic they look like they're performing. Mike looks great in that hat. Love mom and Mim
Post a Comment