Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Celebrating
Paczki Day - Fat Tuesday - Mardi Gras
Paczkis (pronounced Poonch-ski) are a Polish tradition on Fat Tuesday!
Mike is 100% Polish so he grew up with this tradition!

A Paczki is basically a filled doughnut. We had, lemon, blueberry and custard filling.


I hid the baby Jesus in Rose's Paczki since we weren't able to get a King cake.

Yesterday the girls made their own Mardi Gras masks.





If you would like the link to the mask template here it is: Mardi Gras Masks!
They are really easy to make it just looks fancy with the glitter. If you have feathers that would be cute too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the mardi gras masks. The girls look so fancy and sweet. How fun. Wish I was there. Love, Mom and mim

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Wow! Looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing the link with me... I am bookmarking your blog now. :-)

Valerie
http://www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com