Monday, January 26, 2009

Words of wisdom from Pearl... "If you dotta do, you betta wun!" (If you gotta go, you better run!)

The other day we were eating out and both girls said they had to go to the bathroom. I was more then happy to let Mike take them to restroom as I sat and enjoyed my meal in peace. When Mike got back form the RR he said Pearl had told him, "If you gotta go, you gotta go!" (from Annie). Then she came up with her own idea "If you gotta go, you better run!"

Speaking of "going" Pearl has been doing amazingly well with being potty trained. I never remind her when to go she just knows and goes. However there are times I wish she wasn't potty trained so early like in the middle of the night when she wakes me up two or three times to go potty. (They have had bad colds and due to coughing have been allowed some extra water at night lately.) Saturday night both girls slept through the night! It was the first full night of sleep I have had in weeks maybe months, so when Pearl woke up at 6:30 crying that she had wet her bed I did not mind it one bit. I was more then glad to change her sheets and wash her up in exchange for a full night of sleep. Praying for more sleeping through the night!

2 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

I hear you on the some time regretting potty training when they wake you up in the middle of the night!!!
Thanks for your suggestion - I do have that little mesh feeder and wouldn't you know he just turns it around and chews on the handle!!! The little stinker!!!

Devin said...

And it's so funny...I'm PRAYING that Cameron would wake me up in the middle of the night to go! Isn't that funny?

I will be praying opposite prayers for you girl--a Momma needs her rest!