Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kids say so many cute things and usually by the time Mike gets home I can't even remember what they said to share it with him. I am trying to write a few down so I can remember these sweet and or funny comments they make.

Pearl has loved all Nativities this year. She stops to look at each one and wants to see and touch the baby Jesus. (She actuallycried when we put our Nativities away.) The other day we were leaving MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and there was big hole in the ground were a large tree had blown over. I told her that she needed to stay away from the hole so she did not fall in and she said "I am going to jump in and fly up to see baby Jesus." The next day while Mike was driving her in his car she tried to open the door (the child locks were on). He told her not to open the door because she could fall out and get hurt and she told him "Baby Jesus will catch me." As you can maybe tell we have a very sweet precious girl who loves baby Jesus and is a bit of a daring child. I pray He does catch her the many times she falls. I often tell Mike everyday she does not get stiches means that I have saved her from some mishap but I am sure more often then not it is GOd who is there protecting our little wild girl.

A commercial came on TV for Ambien (sleep aid) Rose says "Mom I think you need to get me some of that so I can fall asleep when Pearl is crying and keeping me awake." Not a bad idea but I might get it for myself. Maybe Mike has been sneaking that pill and that is why he does not hear the girls wake up in the night.

Let me preface this one by saying Pearl does not like her feet covered. She hates socks, tights and footy PJ's. We have a deal where she can go sockless in the house as she will put on socks and shoes wehn we venture out. Last night at dinner Pearl was telling Mike about a show she watched called Toot and Puddle. She said "Toot was watching a parade and he didn't have any shoes on." (Toot is a pig.) I asked her who else doesn't like to wear shoes? She replied "Me" and then quickly clarified with "I like shoes! I don't like socks." This is so true she hates socks so much so that we had to buy her a pair of "crocs" with fur lining to keep her toes warm in this frigid weather.

2 comments:

Devin said...

I love reading about all the funny things the girls say and do...and how funny with the socks! They sure know what they want, don't they?

Dawn said...

Pearl and Jude had to be separated at birth! He will not wear shoes, even in the winter sometimes. He also has to take his pants off when he gets home - that has to be a boy thing!