Not Me Monday is a fun honest way for moms to share with others that we are real people and not perfect after all. It was created by MckMama and she links to lots of other blogs that have great Not Me Monday posts. So here goes my first post now join in the fun.
I did not hesitate joining this Blog carnival for weeks even though I think it is fun because I can never remember anything from the previous week. Not me I have the memory of an elephant.
I did NOT get a container of juice out to bring to my neighbors for dinner one night stick it in the freezer to cool and then five minutes later forget where I put it. I did NOT continue to look for the said container of juice the following morning when I realized we were out of juice and then after about 10 minutes of searching finally open the freezer and find the frozen solid juice that my kids would not be drinking for breakfast that morning. I did NOT do that I would never put juice in the freezer nor do I allow my children to have juice as water is so much healthier.
I did NOT let Pearl strip down to her underwear and try on clothes at a thrift store so I could continue shopping without her running all over the place. NOT me, I would never let my child be in her underwear in the middle of a store and I DO NOT shop at thrift stores anyway.
I did NOT let Pearl climb into bed with us in the middle of the night for the umpteenth time in a row in an effort to get a little more sleep. NOT me that is not my parenting style I hate having kids in my bed at night and cannot sleep a wink and no matter how tired I am I would always return my child back to her own bed immediatley.
I did NOT try on no less then 15 shirts yesterday while getting ready for church because I wanted to look pregnant, not fat and neither regular nor maternity clothes fit me. NOT me, I am excited to be on my third pregnancy and pleased with my growing body and I would never try on so many outfits and make my family late to church when I have been the one complaining about us arriving late to church for the past few weeks.
and I certainly did NOT use my fingernail to remove a very nasty booger from Pearl's nose upon our late arrival to church. NOT me, I hate bodily fluids and would never have been so preoccupied with my own outfit as to forget to wash my precious child's face before church.
Now you know a few of my faults join in the fun and leave a comment if you do so we can ready your lists.
PS You can do this on Tuesday, Wednesday or even Thursday you get the idea just do it!!!
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
2 days ago


2 comments:
What a great laugh. It's so good to admit our faults and be able to laugh at ourselves. Not me, I'm not Rachel's mom, and I wouldn't be reading about my only daughter's confessions of her faults. And I would never say , it was good for my heart to see her admitting her shortcomings, not that she has any! Not me, "I'm her perfect mother.":)Love, Me
Hilarious. I'll have to give it a try :)
Post a Comment