Violet is 3 months
I bought her outfit at a consignment sale last week
and did not realize until I got home that is it said violet.
Happy three month birthday sweet baby girl. You are the love of our lives. You are so precious we just want to squeeze you to pieces. Your sister Pearl actually does squeeze you that tight when she showers you throughout the day with hugs. You love it when she hugs you and smile. You are laughing out loud, mostly when mommy kisses on your neck or your armpits, but you make us work for those wonderful giggles and will not do it twice in a row. You love to look in the mirror at yourself and who wouldn't if they were as cute as you. You are a great eater as demonstrated by your size (almost 15 lbs) and your poopy diapers which I change about five times a day. You have actually pooped all over me twice now in public and this morning pooped all over my bed. On your changing table there is a toy hanging above you and you have mastered batting it with your hands and now kick it with your feet. Your favorite snack is your fist, but anything you can get a hold of you try to put in your mouth. You hate tummy time but have found a solution to get out of it by just rolling over onto your back. When you cry it is really loud and your sister Rose loves to come and "plug" you up. Mommy puts you in the highchair at mealtimes so you can "sit" with us at the table, although you are not eating any real food yet. You love to be in on the action and are a very light sleeper. Your swing is one of your favorite places to hang out, mommy loves it too since it is the only place other then my arms where you take long naps. You have slept through the night about 3 nights in row. I am praying for more restful nights. When you hear daddy's voice you stop whatever you are doing (including sleeping) until you can find him and then you give him the brightest smile. You love to talk and sing to us in the evenings after your big sisters have gone to bed when the house is finally quiet and you have mommy and daddy's attention all to yourself. Your newest trick... Mommy is teaching you the sign for the word "milk" you watch as I open and close my fingers and then mimic my hand movement purposefully opening and closing your fingers. I know it sounds crazy but either you are really smart for just three months old or you are average and many parents underestimate the ability of their children to sign at such a young age. We of course think you are brilliant and beautiful. We all love you to pieces and are so blessed to have you in our lives and get to shower you with love everyday.
* I will try to post a video of Violet signing soon so you all don't think I am really crazy.
As an educator and a parent that has used sign language to communicate with my older girls when they were babies I have many opinions on the benefits of sign language but will leave that for another post.


5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I wish I could hold her and squeeze her! TOO cute.
She is so beautiful!
We love sign language. If anyone out there feels overwhelmed, the Baby Signing Time videos are a great place to start.
She's beautiful! And, I LOVE signing too! It's a great way to communicate before they are actually able to form the words!
She continues to look more and more like your other girls ... a sweet little Lenda. That is amazing about her sign language. But I am not surprised ... your girls are very intelligent.
Lots of Love to all the Lendas!
Emily
Your little Violet is just gorgeous!
Post a Comment