Warning: Don't Mess with The Pregnant Lady!
I lose all social politeness and reserve when I am pregnant. If I think a stranger is being rude and unfair I just say what is on my mind. I am not like this at all when not pregnant.
This morning Rose had her pre-school graduation program. (Pictures to come soon.) We were sitting waiting in the audtorioum for the program to start. Pearl had been sitting on Mike's lap quietly and we decided to move her to the empty seat between us so she could have her own seat. The seats are the movie theater type seats that fold up automatically and and after two attempts we realized she did not weigh enough to keep her seat down. Mike picked her up to sit on his lap again and moved over to the empty seat to sit beside me. Mike is very tall (6'4") and does not have a lot of knee room in these types of chairs and since he was holding Pearl he may have bumped the chair in front of him or Pearl may have bumped it as they were getting situated. The lady in front of us immediatley turns around and says could you please not let your little girl kick my seat. Now if Pearl had actually been kicking her seat on purpose and this had happened several times that would have been one thing. ( Both of us try to be very sensitive to the girls kicking the seats of others on planes etc.) But Pearl had only just attempted to get into her seat and then Mike had just moved to that seat so literally the most we were occupying the seat behind this lady had been thirty seconds of which people were just trying to sit. There was no kicking going on maybe an accidental bump but no kicking. So I just start mumbling to Mike about how this lady is not being very patient and she must not be a very good grandmother when we weren't even doing anything and that maybe it was Mike that had bumped her seat since he has long legs. I can't even remember what else I said and I didn't really care if she could hear me or not! Mike was literally about to steal Pearl's lollipop out of her mouth to shove into my mouth to shut me up. Anyway this is not the first time I have done this type of thing when pregnant. I remember telling a waitress off when I was pregnant with Rose, at the time I was as shocked at my own behavior as Mike was. I also told some lady at the airport off when she was complaining that I was in the way with my suitcases, carry-ons, two carseats, stroller and two kids. I was attempting to move all of the things over as fast as I could (Mike was at the ticket counter.) That was earlier in this pregnancy so the telling the lady off was followed by me crying for about thirty minutes afterwards. NOW it is not so much crying just me telling people off. Mike is praying I have the baby soon or he won't be going out in public with me for the next few weeks. Did you feel more likely to speak your mind out loud when you were pregnant? Anyway don't say you haven't had a fair warning if you meet up with me.


1 comments:
HAHAHAHA! SO maybe its good we are in SO FL? Love ya!
Post a Comment