Word-full Wednesday
I thought about doing a Wordless Wednesday post but had some really cute things that Pearl has been saying lately that I needed to jot down before I forget. She is just at that age now where she is really able to express so many of her thoughts in a way that gives you a sneak peek into her mind.
When my grandmother passed away we were watching videos of her singing with my brother Chris. He had long hair and a full beard that he had been growing out for a show and you couldn't really see his face much in the video. My grandmother and Chris were singing the song "I'm in Heaven" and I said she really is in heaven now and Pearl asked "Is that Jesus?", referring to my brother Chris.
My grandmother's funeral service was held at a beautiful old Irish Catholic church. When we entered that church Pearl asked in awe "Is this heaven?"
Driving to my Grandmother's grave site we passed many headstones in the cemetery. Rose says "Boy, they really pack them in here, where are they gonna put Gram?"
The other day my parents were visiting and my dad (aka Papa) was reading the girls a story about mommy having a baby. As they were looking at the pictures in the book he asked the girls "Who else has a big belly like that?" to which Pearl replied "Papa does!"
My friend Suzie's little baby Henry had surgery this week. Mike and I were talking about it at dinner and Pearl asked "Why is Miss Suzie sad?". I said "Well her baby is sick." Pearl looked at me and said "We can give her our baby!". I told her that we would miss our baby and that we can't share babies and Miss Suzie loves Henry and just wants him to feel better. So Pearl said " I don't want to give my baby away, let's give Miss Suzie a cookie to feel better."
When my grandmother passed away we were watching videos of her singing with my brother Chris. He had long hair and a full beard that he had been growing out for a show and you couldn't really see his face much in the video. My grandmother and Chris were singing the song "I'm in Heaven" and I said she really is in heaven now and Pearl asked "Is that Jesus?", referring to my brother Chris.
My grandmother's funeral service was held at a beautiful old Irish Catholic church. When we entered that church Pearl asked in awe "Is this heaven?"
Driving to my Grandmother's grave site we passed many headstones in the cemetery. Rose says "Boy, they really pack them in here, where are they gonna put Gram?"
The other day my parents were visiting and my dad (aka Papa) was reading the girls a story about mommy having a baby. As they were looking at the pictures in the book he asked the girls "Who else has a big belly like that?" to which Pearl replied "Papa does!"
My friend Suzie's little baby Henry had surgery this week. Mike and I were talking about it at dinner and Pearl asked "Why is Miss Suzie sad?". I said "Well her baby is sick." Pearl looked at me and said "We can give her our baby!". I told her that we would miss our baby and that we can't share babies and Miss Suzie loves Henry and just wants him to feel better. So Pearl said " I don't want to give my baby away, let's give Miss Suzie a cookie to feel better."


4 comments:
So cute! Hey I'll be in PA from June 2-7. Maybe we can get together unless the baby comes!
Oh, she is too funny! More, please!! I love it. The "where are they gonna put Gram?" was priceless!
Adorable! The day will come all too soon when I'll be posting cute things Elise says. Yippee for being a mommy!
THIS IS VERY BERRY FUNNY!
Post a Comment