Saturday, October 18, 2008

We had a great time at Disney! We just got home today and are trying to catch up on laundry and sleep, so I will post more details later. Here are a few pictures from our first day at Magic Kingdom. thanks to Auntie Grandma (aka Carla) and Uncle Papa (Rick) for all of the fun and inside tips.

Disney is in the details!

Rose and Avery catching up on old times. Our Florida friends Chris and Emily and their two kids spent the week at Disney while we were there.

Pearl checking out Mary Hannah's hair. " How do you get your hair to grow so long at this age?" (Mary Hannah is four months younger then Pearl .) "Do you use product?"

Meeting Daisy. No one ever told me that you have to wait and wait in very long lines in the heat to meet the characters. That is if you are lucky enough to spot them.

In front of Cinderella's castle. (It is not on fire the smoke is from the fireworks.)



Emily and I on the Small World ride with our girls. The last time we saw each other Pearl was about two months old and Mary Hannah had not yet made her debut.

Avery and Rose were getting quite cozy on this romantic ride. Luckily they had plenty of chaperones along. Since they are only 3 and 4 and not 13 and 14 we let some the smooches and snuggles slide. But in ten years...

The regular parade got canceled but we saw the rainy day version which includes all of the characters anyway.

Rose was so excited to see Stitch. I am not sure why as she hasn't ever seen a show or movie with him in it. She knew his name and ran up to meet him. Maybe she was just as excited as I w as that we finally saw a character without a long line in front of him.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I forgot that you were going to Disney. How fun! Someday we'll get there. I'm glad you got to connect with old friends. It looks like the girls had a blast.

Emmy said...

Your pictures are awesome! We will share ours soon. We did have such a great time seeing you!!!!! Avery is trying to figure out the next time that he can see Rose... =)

Thanks for letting us in on your Disney fun!

Lots of Love!

Karen said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of your trip to Disney! Glad to hear you had a great time together with Em and the fam. Looks like Avery and Rose got to catch up too! =o)