Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Rose by any other name...

Rose loves to make up names, for her make believe friends, imaginary cousins, pretend grandparents and for her real little sister. She constantly has a new name for Pearl. Pearl of course never answers Rose when she uses these "new" names as they change so frequently. Pearl has no clue that the funny word Rose is hollering at her is supposed to be her name for the day. I decided I should start writing down some of these silly names she calls Pearl because I will never remember them when they are older or even the next day when she has moved on to a new word. Here are a just some of the names that I can recall her calling Pearl:

Chunka-Chunka
Little Butler
Biscuit
Creama
Corna
Lilacs
Lilly
Lolly
Beaza
Marbles
Number 6
Corduroy
Smirl
Glory
Chlorine
Cornflakes
Carmel

I imagine these names are probably much better then what she will call her sister when they are older and fighting over a favorite outfit or have a crush on the same boy. So for now I will smile an appreciate the silliness and sweet innocence of these crazy names. I am glad Mike and I did not let her pick her sisters "Real" name. I prefer Pearl Caroline over Little Butler or Marbles any day. If any of you are getting a new pet (or a new baby;)I am sure Rose would love to help you name it or feel free to steal one from her list above.

P.S. As I am typing this post I hear Rose in the background telling "Pearl" about her trip to "Grandma Abuelis" house. Now she walked by and told me my name is Belella and she is calling Pearl, Iyeyena. I guess we all spanish type names today.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That is hilarious!! Definitely write them down :)

Anonymous said...

Avery would say that this story is stooby stoop and made him and us laugh!