Monday, May 12, 2008

GO BACK UP YOUR PICTURES NOW!!!!

My computer hard drive crashed this weekend and I lost every picture and video of my  girls from the past two years.  The videos are what really made me sad because I had some precious videos of Rose reading to my stomach when I was pregnant with Pearl, the girls playing together when Pearl was tiny and tons more... I can't even think about it.  I have never even printed out  a picture of Pearl in her entire life so I don't even have paper photos of my poor child.  If any of you have pictures of my girls that you could email me  I would be thrilled to get them.  Thank God for our blog as that at least has some pictures however I downsize the pictures before printing them to my blog so they are not really great printable quality.  I will now be backing up and printing my pictures of my kids.  I hope you all do the same.  If you haven't done so learn the lesson form me and save yourself the heartache.  Seriously though I am trying to remind myself that although it is sad to have lost all these precious photos and videos of my girls I am so thankful that the girls themselves are still safe and healthy.  I am off now to take and print some pictures with my new camera and new printer!!!   As for my laptop I have a Mac and the service deal is incredible so  I now have a new hard drive with lots of memory and no memories!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That makes me sick to my stomach Rach!! I'm so sorry. I will definitely send you what I have....

Cathy Cooke said...

I'm so sorry gal! Have you tried taking the hard drive to a professional to see if they can recover anything? That happened to me once and they were able to recover them. I guess it depends on the complication. I'm so sorry though! I would be sad too!

Anonymous said...

So So sorry! I would try the hard drive recovery. Never know. I would also suggest having all your friends and family burn any and all pics of your family on a disc and have them send them to you. I have heard of families doing this after fires, hard drive problems, etc. It's surprising how many pics people have of you and your fam. We'll be the first. I'll burn anything we have tomorrow. Send me your address and I'll send them out. Hope you guys are doing well. Later!