Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I wish I was here today! This is one of my favorite places. Mike and I went here on our last pre-kid trip a few months before Rose was born. There is a beautiful walk along the cliff. The ocean is on one side of you and amazing old mansions are on the other side. You are surrounded by lovely roses and hydrangeas and the most beautiful views you could imagine. If you don't feel like walking you can take a ride along twelve mile Ocean drive with another breathtaking view of the ocean and more mansions. One other great way to experience Newport is by boat and my lucky parents are doing that today! They are getting ready to go out on a sail boat with my mom's cousin and sail around Newport. I hope they enjoy this beautiful day and I wish I could be a fly on their boat today! If you want to plan a trip to Newport or just drool over some amazing scenery here is a link: http://www.gonewport.com/


2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for your sweet comment....kiss your Pearl for me tonight. Thank you for loving those of us who are on this journey...

Emmy said...

Another great trip is Philadelphia, PA. They have great family tour and Bed & Breakfast! I visited once in Feb. and have been wanting to go back ever since! I can't wait to take another trip up there... this time with my kids!!!

wink wink