Friday, April 25, 2008

"An Amish Tattoo"
Yesterday Rose applied a few "My Little Pony" tattoos to her arms and legs. When Pearl woke up from her nap Rose wanted to share some tattoos with her little sister. Rose said to Pearl "Pearl do you want an Amish tattoo?". After I tried to hide my smile I quickly figured out why she was calling them Amish tattoos, but just to be sure I asked her. She said "Amish people have horse and buggies" and her tattoo was of a pony. I explained to her that Amish girls probably do not wear tattoos because they are not allowed to wear fancy things like make-up, jewelry, and princess crowns. Later that evening I referred to Pearl's Amish tattoo and Rose said "Amish people don't wear tattoos." Mike asked her why and she said "because they did not have tattoos in the old days." Next week we are going to Lancaster and I am sure every time I see a little Amish girl I will be wondering if she has a "My Little Pony" tattoo hiding under her long dark dress.

4 comments:

Cathy Cooke said...

Oh My! Josie got a lot of amish toys for her birthday! ;-) Nothing like a good old fashioned my little pony.

Anonymous said...

That is a very well told story! Hilarious.

Emmy said...

This is very very funny!

Brad & Stacey said...

That is very cute! Thanks for making me smile!