Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The girls met their great-grandparent's on my dad's side. A few weeks ago we went for an unexpected trip to West Virginia with my parents. My dad's older brother passed away suddenly. Since we lived relatively close the girls and I were able to join them for the funeral. My dad did the service and when he was up telling a story about his brother pushing him off of the porch roof in a baby stroller Rose said "Papa's cracking up, up there.". You have got to love kids they always lighten the mood when you need it most. Rose has a very tender heart and about half way into the drive to WV, out of the blue she said "Excuse me Papa, I am sorry your brother died." She has been asking alot of questions about death and heaven. She told my mom to give Busia (Mike's mom) a hug for her when she gets to heaven. The other day she was asking me "Where is heaven?" I said really far away and she said "Pearl and I will grow wings like angels or something and fly up there." I told her yes someday, but not yet, PLEASE!

Here are some pics. of us at the old farm house we stayed at. It was in a little town called Flinstone, MD. Rose enjoyed the creek in the backyard and the porch swing.











1 comments:

Amy Ross said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting!! Great pictures, I really like the one of you with them wearing the bonnets! So cute!