Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Rose had a hard time waking up for school. Her school starts at 7:40 which is early for a little girl who usually doesn't wake up before 8:00.



We snapped a quick picture before we rushed into the car to go.


We love her kindergarten teacher Ms. Carter. She has been teaching for 37 years! At "Back to School Night" she told the parents that she wants us to know that she loves our children and had been praying for them to be in her class this year. what a wonderful thing to hear from a public school teacher.

She had a few "new" outfits for school but they were mostly too hot for starting school in early August in TN. So Rose picked this dress out at one of our favorite consignment stores.

She also picked out her own shoes. They are not exactly what I would have picked for her, however she loves her "Twinkle Toes". I can still remembermy favorite shoes in Elementary school. I had Kangaroos that I kept my lunch money in the zipper pouch and then I remember a pair of Nike's where the "swoosh" was rainbow colored but sort of changed colors when you moved. So cool!
Rose does not have a lot of time to each lunch at school so she shared her leftovers with her little sisters. Now when we pick Rose up from school Violet gets excited when she sees Rose's lunch box and says "cracker-cracker" and Rose always finds something to share with her baby sister.

3 comments:

mim Claire said...

Love those first day pics of my Rose. And especially like the shoes she picked out. And the pic of the girls snacking together. What precious girls God has given us! Mim

Dawn said...

Rose, you are so cool! Check out Georgia's blog for some pictures of her and Jude's first day today. We miss you!

Emilie said...

I love Rose's shoes! I'm sure she loves school and is one of the smartest kiddos in her class. :) What a grown-up and beautiful girl.