





A few days ago after putting both girls to bed I brought the trash out the back door and went to go in the front door only to realize I had locked myself out of the house and Mike was out of town. I had my cell phone with me so I called 911 and within five minutes 3 cop cars and several nosey neighbors were here. After banging a stick on Rose's window in hopes of waking her up (she slept through it, to bad she wasn't sleeping as soundly tonight when the pizza delivery guy knocked and she woke to share my dinner) We conteplated breaking the window in one of the doors, instead we got ladder from a neighbor. The only window that was unlocked was a second story bathroom window. One of the cops offered to climb in but my house was just not clean enough for that... so that meant I would climb the ladder myself. It turned out climbing the ladder was scary but not nearly as bad diving headfirst through the bathroom window, while my postpartum bum was hanging outside with a large audience. (sorry no pics.) This was a very unconventional way to get to know my new neighbors, who will very soon be getting a spare key.
MIke took a few days off of work to catch up on the many house projects we had planned on having done sooner. With a new baby and a new job we have both been too busy to paint much. We spent most of our time removing wallpaper from one wall. On Sunday after church we went to Linvilla Orchard for a hayride to "Bunnyland". We expected it to be a little more exciting for the price but Rose seemed to enjoy it, Pearl fell asleep. Rose was a little frightened of the Easter Bunny. The Orchard http://www.linvilla.com/ is actually a really neat place. they grow just about every type of fruit that you can in this climate and you can pick them your self in season. They also have a huge general store where baked goods, a petting zoo, and a big playground. The real treat of the day (besides the hot cross buns) was getting to watch a baby duck hatch. I was amazed to witness this miracle and glad that Rose was able to experience this.
Pearl is growing and now weighs 16 1/2 lbs. She got her first tooth last week, is sitting by herself and loves grabbing anything she should not have. Rose calls her swiper (after a character on Dora) and is constantly telling her "NO SWIPING SWIPER" Anytime I am about to tell Rose to be gentle with Pearl (like when she is laying on top of her) I look at Pearl and realize she is laughing at Rose and is obviously not getting hurt. It is so great to watch them pay together. The other day Rose said "I'm so glad I have a sister."
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
2 days ago


4 comments:
I would have given anything to see you climbing thru a window..too funny..can you email your new phone numbers? Only a few more weeks and we will all being enjoying the sunshine state!! Woo -HOO!!
HILIRIOUS! You made me laugh esp. not allowing the cop to go in because your house wasn't clean!FYI, Ella locked me out last week, and didn't know how to unlock the door. Thankfully our next door neighbor can pick locks... yes, you read that correctly. Kelley
That's a great story!! I can't believe how much your girls have grown and changed in the last few months. Glad to hear you are adjusting well to your new home. Miss you.
Aw, the girls are getting so big! We miss you all so much down here. I hope you've found a new church home, I'll be praying for you all!
Shannon :)
Post a Comment