I happened to drive by the office and noticed the power is on, so I took advantage of shooting off an email. The office is next to city hall and the police/fire station, warranting power. The Target across the street is working off of a generator.
Things here are still quite bad. No power or clean water expected until November 20th. Phone lines are down. Cell phone service comes and goes. Only a few gas stations are open and the lines are hours long, so we are not driving around too far. Some stores are open, but only selling non-perishable items for cash only. The damage around the county is very extensive—we’ve never seen anything like this. FEMA is handing out water and ice; however, lines are so long, its not worth getting in them.
The airport reopened today with limited flights, so I am going to try and determine our next steps as our patience in a tiny apartment is a bit challenged. Rose, on the other hand, doesn’t know the difference. She seems to be enjoying herself having me home. The weather, too, has been a blessing—low humidity with the evenings in the mid-50s—record lows.
We are fortunate we didn’t have damage to our home or cars and there was no flooding.
I’ll try and post info on the blog when I can. Rachel has been our videographer trying to capture what its like. Hard to put it into words—definitely not something we want to experience again.
10 Ordinary Things I’m Loving This Summer
2 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment